“In a laissez-faire society, there could exist no public institution with the power to forcefully protect people from themselves. From other people (criminals), yes. From one's own self, no.” -- Karl Hess
Karl Hess Club is a Los Angeles based libertarian supper club that meets
each month on the third Monday at Dinah's
Family Restaurant, 6521 Sepulveda Blvd. (at Centinela), Culver City.
Phone: (310) 645-0456.
Dinner starts at 8 p.m.,
though you may arrive earlier. If so, please state that you are with
the KHC so the club gets credit for your custom. Minimum for attendees
is $10.00 plus a $3.00 cover to the club (which, with notice, may vary
upward by program). Attendees must observe the minimum restaurant
order. Order off the menu and pay your own tab.
At 10:30 p.m., the KHC adjourns
at Dinah's and reconvenes at 11 p.m. for an informal gathering at the Doubletree Hotel lounge, 6161 West Centinela Avenue, Culver City (at Arizona, one block West of Sepulveda Blvd). Hotel bar will validate your parking with any purchase. Ph: 310-649-1776.
7:00 p.m. Gathering Time
8:00 p.m. Dinner
(order from the menu)
8:45 p.m. Announcements
9:00 p.m. Speaker
10:00 p.m. Q & A
10:30 p.m. Adjournment from
11:00 p.m. Move to Doubletree Hotel lounge.
* February 20, 2017, Jonathan Jaech on "Voluntary Law II: The Uruleu Experiment for Organizing Libertarian Communities Within and Beyond Statist Empires."
* March 20, 2017, Angela Mc Ardle, LP Candidate, 34th Congressional District.
* April 17, 2017, Brad Linaweaver on "How Niche Marketing is Distorting the Libertarian Movement." [SEK3 Memorial Lecture]
* May 15, 2017, Emily Cutler from Southern Californians Against Forced Treatment.
* June 19, 2017, Craig Huey hosts an "Election Forum."
* July 17, 2017, Ray Acosta on "The Occupation of Veracruz."
Share YOUR opinions about
past or future KHC speakers -- or any other KHC related or libertarian
issue -- on
our Message Board!
Hess Club, its organizers, associates, vendors, and participants assume
no liability for any loss or injury suffered by anyone due to his or her
attendance to, or participation in, any KHC proceedings. Thank you.
participation and loyal support of the KHC is appreciated and gratefully
acknowledged by your humble servant, Senior Facilitator Mike
Who Was Karl Hess?
The KHC was named in honor of
philosopher Karl Hess. Learn more about him in his